The purpose of this project is to develop technical artefacts on experience programs (EPs).
EPs are being offered more and more in the travel and tourism domain not only locally and regionally but also globally. Digital information on such programs allows established tourism operators, travel agencies and virtually anybody to access and benefit from them.
In the autumn of 2017, the Travel/ Tourism Domain of UN/CEFACT started the Green Paper project to present EPs as an emerging tourism trend. The Green Paper was published in April 2019.
This project shall add the necessary technical artefacts to the BRSs of “Small-scaled Lodging House Travel Product Information Process and Small-scaled Lodging House Reservation Information Process” by considering the deliverables from the work of the Green Paper project.
This project will update the above mentioned BRSs based on the work of the EPs Green Paper project.
Relevant Data, including categories and definitions, of EPs taken from the Green Paper and the other existing cases will have to be harmonized into the UN/CEFACT Core Component Library, eventually with new additions.
This project will further develop a Technical Implementation Guide in order to describe how this information is to be used in the above-mentioned BRSs or eventually in the related messages. This will facilitate software developers to “build in” EPs into existing or newly developed reservation systems which will be used by tour operators, travel agencies, any EPs suppliers as well as booking websites. This will ensure that EPs are correctly categorized and traded to satisfy customer demand.
- Deliverable 1:
- Revision of the Small-scaled Lodging House Travel Product Information Detail BRS and the Small-scaled Lodging House Reservation Information Detail BRS
- Deliverable 2:
- Submissions into the CCL for EP specific data
- Deliverable 3:
- An EPs Technical Implementation Guide
- Exit Criteria for Deliv. 1:
- Revised “Small-scaled Lodging House Travel Product Information Detail BRS” and “Small-scaled Lodging House Reservation Information Detail BRS” with “Comment Log” showing that all comments have been addressed satisfactorily and relevant submissions to the CCL have been requested.
- Exit Criteria for Deliv. 2:
- CCL submission harmonized and ready for publication
- Exit Criteria for Deliv. 3:
- Implementation Guide ready for publication
Project Team Membership and Required Functional Expertise
Membership is open to UN/CEFACT experts with broad knowledge in the area of: Tourism Industry in General and EPs in particular, UN/CEFACT CCL and submission procedures.
The geographical focus of the project is global.
The following contributions are submitted as part of this project.
- The Green Paper on Sustainable Tourism-Experience Programs
- The Small-scaled Lodging House Travel Product Information Detail BRS
- The Small-scaled Lodging House Reservation Information Detail BRS
Participants in the project shall provide resources for their own participation. The existence and the functioning of the project shall not require any additional resources from the UNECE secretariat.
Project Proposal Files