The objective of the Insurance Domain’s work is to facilitate the transfer of information between policyholders, professional intermediaries (agents, brokers), insurers and other involved parties.
The Domain has developed standardized Core Components for the UN/CEFACT Core Component Library for the following insurances lines of business:
• Motor insurance (private and commercial vehicles)
• Property insurance (private and commercial)
• Liability insurance (private and commercial)
• Insurance for technical risks
• Insurance for marine risks (inland and deep sea)
These Core Components facilitate insurance processes for contract placing and administration as well as claims handling.
The Domain is working in collaboration with CEN TC445.