eData Management Domain
Explore other $htmlUtil.htmlEncode($content.displayTitle)
|Regulatory and eGovernment
The content of this macro can only be viewed by users who have logged in.
(Access only for registered members)
The Domain concentrates on facilitating trade by way of strengthening governance. In order to do this, the Domain engages in the process of facilitating international trade transactions using state of art electronic information exchange instruments. The work programme also includes regulatory aspects of cyber security, interoperability standards, and general ICT best practices. This Domain also aims to provide guidance, awareness, and best practices for government systems and technology efforts to support trade facilitation and e-commerce.
The Domain works to support international, regional, and national e-government efforts to improve trade facilitation and e-commerce systems and technology and address issues or concerns that may impede this progress. The Domain accomplishes this goal by acting as a focal point for any questions related to recommendations or issues within the scope of UN/CEFACT as they relate to regulatory aspects.
Work of the Domain aims to covers the following major topics:
1. Facilitate adoption of new tools and technologies for trade facilitation and eBusiness
2. Facilitate adoption of advanced methods and standards for security and authentication in Buy-Ship-Pay process
3. Cooperation with international institutions like UNCITRAL in the area of eBusiness legal framework
4. Facilitate adoption of standards for interoperable ICT solutions in Buy-Ship-Pay process
5. Facilitate adoption of standards for long term archival of digitally preserved documents, time stamping, electronic signature, mutual recognition and related subjects
• Recommendation N° 14 – Authentication of Trade Documents
• Recommendation N° 25 – Use of the UN Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce and Transport Standard (UN/EDIFACT)
• Recommendation N° 36 – Single Window Interoperability (upcoming)