Agriculture Fisheries and Agri food Domain
Explore other UN/CEFACT Domains
(Access only for registered members)
The Agriculture Domain concentrates on the business processes, commercial practices and official procedures involved in the international trade transactions in agriculture commodities, and on the electronic information exchange about agriculture production processes (animals and plants), food production, and food safety. Fishery, forestry and hunting are also included in the scope of the Agriculture Domain.
The Domain covers the food supply chain from seed/feed to plate in all aspects from B2B, B2G, G2G and B2C. It also covers the non-food agriculture production (production of timber, fibres, fat and oil, etc.).
The deliverables of the Agriculture Domain contribute to the implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) such as on eradication of hunger (SDG 2) and sustainable fisheries management (SDG 14).
The Agriculture Domain is the successor of the Trade and Business Group (TBG) 18 within the former structure of UN/CEFACT before 2012.
Overview of Agriculture Domain
The work of the Agriculture Domain is divided into several main areas:
• Sanitary issues related to agriculture products and production
• Animal feed and human food safety issues
• Exchange information to support agricultural processes (advice, monitoring, product information, certification)
• Exchange information about marine fishing (monitoring, logging, reporting)
• Track and trace of animals, animal products, plants and plant products
The deliverables of the Agriculture Domain are:
• Contributions to the UN/CEFACT Core Component Library
• XML schema and UN/EDIFACT messages
• Guidelines for implementation
The Agriculture Domain is also involved in:
• Cooperation with CITES about Track and Trace of animal products and plant products
• Cooperation with UNGC and ITC about the UN Blue Numbers initiative